HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT – BANKING SECTOR (JOB REF: MN 7598)
To provide leadership in giving independent assurance to the board of directors and senior management on the quality and effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes, thereby helping the board and senior management protect the Bank and its reputation.
To ensure Internal auditing function provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve to Bank's operations and help the Bank accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Timely and accurate audit reports to the Board and to Senior Management
- Delivery and execution of a risk based annual audit plan
- Timely monitoring and advice on status of control issues
- Liaison with external assurance providers & regulators (CBK) and other stakeholders on matters relating internal controls and audit.
- Productivity and efficiency of internal audit resources and process.
- Adherence to internal controls across the organization.
- Developing and presenting to the Board Audit Committee for approval, an annual risk based audit plan after taking into consideration the corporate strategy, prevailing business and industrial risks and other stakeholder concerns.
- Execution of the Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Board Audit Committee
- Developing policies, audit procedures, audit processes and audit systems which provide efficient ways of executing the audit plan and having such policies processes and systems approved by Senior Management and the Board Audit Committee.
- Developing and reviewing Internal Audit Charter in line with the provisions of the Micro-finance Act, International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) of Internal Audits and Best practice for Board and Senior Management approval.
- Coordinating the work of external assurance providers including Group Internal Audit and the Central Bank of Kenya in on-sight Inspection and audit
- Coordinating the Board Audit Committee Meetings including drafting the agenda, coordinating in sending out the Pack and taking minutes during Committee Meetings in liaison with the Company secretary.
- Tracking and Monitoring audit issues raised through Internal Audit Assignments, External Auditors Management Letter, Central Bank of Kenya inspection, Group Internal Audit assignments and any other assurance provider.
- Ensuring adoption of audit best practice from the Industry, Group Internal Audit through review of Audit processes and procedure Manuals, audit working papers and templates.
- Working with the other departments, including Operations, Credit, Finance, HR, ICT, and Business Development in assuring that the policies and procedure manuals developed are in adherence to company policy statutory requirements and reporting requirements and adequate in establishing appropriate controls.
- Carry out regular and surprise inspections of all processes, ensuring that they comply the company policy and procedures, statutory requirements and best practices guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time by relevant local and global organizations including shareholders, Lenders, regulators.
- Regularly inspect company records and transactions and evolve scrutiny methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time
- Prepare Annual, Quarterly and Adhoc reports to Senior Management and Board Audit Committee keeping them informed on emerging audit issues, performance and independence on Internal audit function and overall effectiveness of governance, risk & control frameworks.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the Micro Finance, Banking, Audit and Accounting fields with a view to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to company strategy.
- Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the board
- Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Board Audit Committee which is in-line with the Internal Audit Charter.
- Bachelor degree in business or Finance
- Masters degree in Finance or management is desirable.
- CPA (K)/ACCA qualification. CISA, CIA
- 5 years’ experience in a senior management audit position in a financial Institution.
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and industry development
- Thorough knowledge and of regulatory requirements as relates to MFBs and Banking institutions
- Advanced computer skills-Ms Office, excel, SQL Server
- Accounting principles and procedures including International Accounting standards and ICPAK guidelines
- Advanced communication skills
- Investigation and probing skills
- Knowledge of relevant laws including the Companies Act
- Broad knowledge of industry and operations
- Email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your cover letter
- NOTE: Please DO NOT apply using the apply online button. Apply to the email address mentioned above ONLY!
CLOSING DATE: 17TH AUGUST 2018