HEAD OF FINANCE & STRATEGY – BANKING SECTOR (MN 7597)
Responsible for development and roll-out of the Bank's financial strategy. Provide leadership and oversight in financial management and reporting the Group and all Treasury Operations.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Overall financial management responsibility including the development, review and approval of financial reporting materials and metrics for the senior management team and board of directors
- Provide leadership and drive overall productivity of the overall finance function
- To ensure strict adherence to all legal, contractual and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for the process of the development of organizational strategy
a) Strategy and business planning
- Oversee the formulation, implementation & monitoring of the company's strategy
- Responsible for the organizations business planning, funding budgeting processes
- Responsible for the overall financial reporting of the organization
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the quarterly / monthly outlook process.
- Develop and maintain capital budget.
b) Financial Management
- Financial reporting to the board of directors, Executive Management and other external stakeholders which include but not limited to CBK, CMA, Lenders etc.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, Central Bank, KRA, etc.
- Liaise and enhance relationships with financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, Central Bank, KRA, etc.
- Incisive analysis of financial results that provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans and develop recommendations therefrom (strategic and tactical).
c) Treasury management
- Responsible for creation and implementation of a robust treasury management strategy and systems that ensure there is profitable investment of cash instruments and maintain optimum liquidity and investments.
- Assets Liability Management
- Funding mobilization
- Capital Management
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Management of relationships with board members, the management team & other stakeholders
- Establishment of financial operational best practices within the organization
- Drive departmental and organizational productivity
e) Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's financial risk profile
- Continuously enhance internal control systems
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Review processes and implement changes that increase overall efficiency and effectiveness.
f) Bank-wide AML, KYC & CFT
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
- Degree in Business related Studies
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance
- CPA (K) / ACCA qualification
- Extensive Knowledge of best practice in leadership
- At least 10 years management experience in Financial or related management.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Emerge T24 and Great Plains ERP
- Email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your cover letter
- NOTE: Please DO NOT apply using the apply online button. Apply to the email address mentioned above ONLY!