HEAD OF BANCASSURANCE – BANKING SECTOR (JOB REF: MN 7595)
Reporting to the Head of Business Growth, will be responsible for business development & growth of the Bancassurance portfolio by working closely with Senior Management and Leadership Team, Branch Management teams, Credit and other stakeholders in the Bank.
- Develop strategy to integrate Insurance business in banks as per the Business plan to grow customer numbers and gross written premium
- Provide overall leadership of the Agency activities
- Ensure compliance with the regulators
- Develop relationship with various underwriters/partners to develop innovative Bancassurance products for banks' customers as per the customer value proposition
- Provide leadership in product awareness training
- Ensure efficiency of the insurance processes by developing and signing SLA’s with service providers
- Drive global Bancassurance Sales performance in liaison with business segment heads
- Gather market intelligence on Bancassurance trend and keep management informed
- Drive efficiency and profitability of Bancassurance operations
- Keep the Board and management updated on Bancassurance strategic initiatives and performance
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Other Key Responsibilities:
a) New Product Development
- Liaise with Insurance partners and Internal stakeholders to review and /or develop Insurance products
b) Staff functions
- Training all the staff in insurance products and sales techniques
- Drive performance management for insurance sales and back office teams
c) Bankwide AML KYC & CFT Responsibilities
- Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the Board
- Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department, Unit or Branch
- A degree in a business related field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, Business Studies, Economics or Insurance
- Masters in a business related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of Insurance sales experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results. Bancassurance experience is desirable.
- A detailed knowledge of Life and General Insurance products
- A good knowledge of banking products and services to facilitate cross-selling.
- Sales management; Motivational and inspirational skills; Leadership Skills; Interpersonal skills; Negotiation skills; Presentation skills; Good communication skills; and Report writing skills are required
- Email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your cover letter
- NOTE: Please DO NOT apply using the apply online button. Apply to the email address mentioned above ONLY!
CLOSING DATE: 17TH AUGUST 2018