CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER – JOB REF: MN 7769
Our client, The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Their various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, KTN Burudani TV, KTN FARMERSTV, Radio Maisha, Spice FM, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening their operations, they are looking for an experienced and strategic executive to join their high performing senior leadership as a Chief Finance Officer.
- Head of Finance
- Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the Group strategy and operations, and responsible for the flow of financial information to the Chief Executive, the Board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions.
- Participating in the strategy formulation process with the CEO, Divisional MDs, Chief Officers and HODs and influencing the future direction of the business;
- Guiding strategic aspects of financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax matters and working capital management;
- Ensuring availability of adequate funding facilities, advising the business on funding available options and suggesting practical solutions for business funding and optimal management of working capital;
- Ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements by monitoring compliance requirements to any changes in the regulatory environment. Ensuring books of accounts are prepared accurately, communicating value and risk issues to the Board and Investors;
- Leading the budget preparation and implementation process and continuously evaluating risk areas and leading the implementation of risk mitigation measures.
- Leveraging on experience to drive innovation and change in the business units and providing support to business managers in implementation of the change initiatives;
- Advising team members on areas of costs and resource optimization, and supporting the business to align costs and revenue performance in order to deliver budgeted numbers;
- Providing leadership to the Finance team specifically, and to the rest of the business on any matters on finance. Building capacity within the Finance team and developing the skills required to handle business challenges.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K) /ACCA from a recognized institution;
- Member of ICPAK or a relevant professional body
- Twelve (12) years’ relevant experience with at least six (6) years at leadership level
Skills & Attributes
- Strategic planning and Goal setting to ensure the organisation’s long-term sustainability
- Ability to understand long term effects on the organisation
- Must understand function/discipline planning requirements.
- Ability to participate effectively in strategic policy making decisions impacting the whole organisation.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting and auditing systems
- Email a copy of your up-to-date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you indicate your current and expected monthly salary in your application
- DO NOT apply using the online button. Email your application directly to the email address provided above
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
CLOSING DATE: 22ND MARCH 2019
• Member of ICPAK or a relevant professional body