CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER – JOB REF: MN 7770
Our client, The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Their various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, KTN Burudani TV, KTN FARMERSTV, Radio Maisha, Spice FM, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening their operations, they are looking for an experienced and strategic executive to join their high performing senior leadership as a Chief Digital Officer.
- Data Manager
- Customer Experience
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is responsible for digital consumer experiences across the entire enterprise and its operations. The incumbent will give direction on the development and revisions to policies and procedures for the general operation of the enterprise digital strategy and its related activities. The position will play a major role in the business digital convergence.
- Map the Company’s digital assets to strategic goals and be responsible for end-to-end strategy, design and implementation of the company's digital roadmap.
- Ensure that the company’s key strategies are supported by emerging technologies and new organizational competencies
- Innovate Digital processes through developing methods to map old assets to new digital processes, without disrupting the fine balance that already exists between products owners
- Develop the Digital Brand by furthering our brand voice, principles, and personality. Serve as the executive sponsor for digital process innovation.
- Reach and Empower Influencers by providing tools to drive our message, share our brand and influence our potential market.
- Responsible for creating the bridge between data and the business operations - the CDO focus is the relationship between the data and the users
- Responsible for digital user experience across our platforms
- Demonstrate a high understanding of social media trends and how to strategically position the company assets accordingly
- Develop and administer the new and/or evolving Digital Portfolio
- Measure Digital Effort that is ROI, effectiveness, successes through developing strategies and fact-based methods to monitor digital efforts.
- Connecting digital investments to enterprise Key Performance Indicators in order to achieve positive digital transformation.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Information systems/computer science or a relevant field from a recognised institution
- Relevant professional qualification from a recognised institution where applicable
- 8 years’ relevant experience with at least 3 years in a
Skills & Attributes
- Business Savvy through identifying new and better opportunities to further business goals;
- Ability to understand and bring to life business models from a media perspectives;
- Forward-Thinking: The CDO will oversee the larger digital picture: priorities and strategies for the digital future. A high level of understanding, related both to digital strategy and overarching business models, is necessary.
- Leadership: The CDO stands as leader for a Company’s entire digital culture, from the executive level down through the front-line.
- Be flexible. Adapt so as to respond to the world and influencers
- Ability to develop digital vision
- Demonstrate the centrality of customer experience in developing the digital vision
- Email a copy of your up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Ensure you indicate your current and expected monthly salary in your application
- DO NOT apply using the online button. Email your application directly to the email address provided above
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted